With all this new free time, how will you spend your next weekend?
Consider exploring some of what the West End community has to offer:
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden: This stunning garden features over 50 acres of gardens, including a Japanese Garden, a Rose Garden, and a Children’s Garden. The garden also hosts a variety of events and exhibits throughout the year.
- Short Pump Town Center: This large shopping mall features over 140 stores and restaurants, including high-end retailers like Nordstrom and Pottery Barn.
- Three Lakes Park and Nature Center: This park features three lakes, hiking trails, and a nature center with exhibits on the local wildlife and ecosystems.
- Deep Run Park and Recreation Center: This park features a large lake, walking trails, picnic areas, and a recreation center with a pool and fitness facilities.
- Richmond Raceway: This NASCAR track hosts a variety of racing events throughout the year, including the NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR Xfinity Series.
Other places to visit in the West End include:
- The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen: This venue hosts a variety of concerts, theater performances, and art exhibits throughout the year.
- Tuckahoe Plantation: This historic plantation dates to the 18th century and was the boyhood home of Thomas Jefferson.
- The Virginia Randolph Museum: This museum celebrates the life and legacy of Virginia Randolph, a pioneering educator and civil rights activist.
- Henrico Theatre: This historic theater dates to 1938 and now hosts a variety of film screenings, live performances, and community events.
- The West End Farmers Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other locally sourced foods.