Now that you don’t have to spend your time cleaning, how will you spend all your new free time?
Consider exploring some of what the North Side community has to offer:
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is a 50-acre botanical garden located in Northside. It is home to a variety of gardens, including a rose garden, a children’s garden, and a conservatory. The garden also features seasonal events and exhibits, including the popular Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights.
- The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is a world-class museum located in Northside. It features an extensive collection of art from around the world, including ancient art, contemporary art, and American art.
- The Battery Park neighborhood is a historic residential area located in Northside. It features a variety of architectural styles, including Colonial Revival, Tudor Revival, and Craftsman homes. The neighborhood is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Northside Farmer’s Market is a popular destination for fresh, local produce and handmade goods. The market is open on Saturdays from May through November and features a variety of vendors.
- The Richmond Raceway is a popular NASCAR racetrack located in Northside. The track hosts a variety of races throughout the year, including the NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR Xfinity Series.
Other places to visit in Northside include:
- Bryan Park: a large park with a variety of recreational facilities, including tennis courts, baseball fields, and a golf course.
- The Virginia Historical Society: a museum and research library that focuses on Virginia history and culture.
- The Diamond: a baseball stadium that is home to the Richmond Flying Squirrels minor league baseball team.
- The Tuckahoe Shopping Center: a shopping center with a variety of stores and restaurants.
- The Joseph Bryan Park Azalea Garden: a beautiful garden with over 16,000 azalea plants.