Things for you to do this weekend now that you don’t need to worry about cleaning your house!
Consider exploring some of what the Moseley community has to offer:
- Moseley was named after a man named Edward Moseley, who was a prominent lawyer and politician in Colonial Virginia.
- The Moseley family, who were one of the original settlers in the area, owned a plantation called “Powhatan Farms” that spanned over 10,000 acres.
- Moseley is home to the Swift Creek Mill Theatre, which is one of the oldest continuously operating grist mills in the United States.
- The Virginia State Police Academy is located in Moseley and trains new officers for the Virginia State Police.
- Moseley is part of Chesterfield County, which was named after Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, who was a British statesman and patron of the arts.
Places to Visit:
- Pocahontas State Park – This park is located in nearby Chesterfield and has over 7,000 acres of outdoor recreation opportunities, including hiking, camping, and fishing.
- The Winery at Elk Manor – This winery is located in Moseley and offers tastings, tours, and events.
- The Depot – This restaurant in nearby Midlothian is housed in a historic train depot and serves Southern-inspired cuisine.
- Henricus Historical Park – This park is located in nearby Chester and features exhibits and living history demonstrations that highlight the history of Virginia’s early settlers.
- Chesterfield Towne Center – This shopping center is located in nearby Richmond and features a variety of stores and restaurants.