With all the extra time you have, what activities will you be doing now that you no longer need to worry about cleaning your house?
Consider exploring some of what the Bon Air community has to offer:
- Bon Air was once a popular resort destination for wealthy Richmonder’s in the late 19th century.
- The area is named after the French term “bon air,” which means “good air” or “fresh air.”
- In the early 20th century, Bon Air was home to a popular amusement park called Forest Hill Park, which featured a roller coaster and other rides.
- The historic Bon Air Baptist Church was established in 1887 and is still an active congregation today.
- Bon Air is home to several historic homes, including the Mid-Lothian Mines Park and the Bon Air Historic District.
Places to Visit:
- Mid-Lothian Mines Park – This park features hiking trails, picnic areas, and historic exhibits related to the area’s mining history.
- Robious Landing Park – This park has walking trails, a fishing pier, and a canoe launch on the James River.
- James River Cellars Winery – This local winery offers tastings and tours of their vineyards and production facilities.
- The Bremo Historic District – This historic district features several homes and buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries, including the Bremo Plantation.
- The Chesterfield County Museum – This museum features exhibits related to the history of Chesterfield County, including displays on the area’s Native American tribes and the Civil War.