Now that you don’t have to spend time cleaning the house, what activities will you have time for? Here are some suggestions!
Consider exploring some of what the Carytown community has to offer:
- Carytown got its name from a Richmond resident named Archibald Cary, who was a delegate to the Continental Congress and a supporter of the American Revolution.
- Carytown is known for its unique shops and boutiques, including Mongrel (a gift shop), Need Supply Co. (a clothing store), and Bygones Vintage Clothing (a vintage clothing store).
- The Byrd Theatre, located in Carytown, is a historic movie theater that first opened in 1928. It is known for its beautiful architecture and cheap movie tickets.
- Carytown is home to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, which is one of the largest art museums in North America. The museum has an extensive collection of art from around the world, as well as a sculpture garden and a cafe.
- Carytown is also known for its food scene, with a wide variety of restaurants and cafes to choose from. Some popular options include The Daily Kitchen & Bar, Mellow Mushroom, and The Dairy Bar.
Other places to visit in Carytown include:
- World of Mirth: a toy store that sells unique and quirky toys and gifts
- Plan 9 Music: a record store that sells vinyl records, CDs, and DVDs
- Can Can Brasserie: a French restaurant that serves brunch, lunch, and dinner
- Chop Suey Books: an independent bookstore that sells new and used books
- Citizen Burger Bar: a restaurant that specializes in burgers, fries, and craft beer.