With all your new free time, how will you be spending your weekend?
Consider exploring some of what the North Chesterfield community has to offer:
- The Mid-Lothian Mines Park is a 44-acre historic site that was once a major source of coal for Richmond and the surrounding areas. Visitors can explore the park’s hiking trails, historical exhibits, and restored mining equipment.
- Pocahontas State Park is a 7,950-acre park located in North Chesterfield that offers a wide range of outdoor activities, including camping, hiking, fishing, and boating. The park is also home to the Pocahontas State Park Aquatic Center, which features a large pool and waterslide.
- The Meadowbrook Country Club is a historic golf course that was established in 1921. The course is known for its challenging layout and scenic views of the surrounding countryside.
- The Richmond Railroad Museum is a small museum located in North Chesterfield that features exhibits and artifacts related to the history of railroads in the Richmond area.
- The Chesterfield County Fairgrounds is a popular destination for events and festivals throughout the year, including the annual Chesterfield County Fair, which features rides, games, and live entertainment.
Other places to visit in North Chesterfield include:
- The James River Cellars Winery: a local winery that offers tours and tastings of their award-winning wines.
- Dutch Gap Conservation Area: a natural area that features hiking trails, wildlife viewing, and a boardwalk through the wetlands.
- Midlothian Athletic Club: a large fitness center with a variety of exercise equipment, group fitness classes, and an indoor pool.
- The River City Sportsplex: a state-of-the-art sports facility that hosts soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey tournaments throughout the year.
- The Rockwood Nature Center: a nature center located in nearby Rockwood Park that features educational exhibits and programs for all ages.