What will you do with all that free-time when you no longer have to clean your own home?
Consider exploring some of what the Chester community has to offer:
- Visit the Dutch Gap Conservation Area: The Dutch Gap Conservation Area is a nature reserve that offers various recreational activities such as hiking, fishing, and birdwatching. It has several hiking trails that take you through the forest and along the James River, and you can spot some local wildlife such as deer, turtles, and bald eagles.
- Explore Henricus Historical Park: Henricus Historical Park is an outdoor living history museum that recreates the life and times of the English colonists who settled in Virginia in the early 1600s. Visitors can learn about the Powhatan Indians, tobacco farming, and even try their hand at pottery making and candle dipping.
- Play a round of golf at the Country Club of Virginia: The Country Club of Virginia is a premier golf club that offers two 18-hole championship courses, designed by golf legends such as Tom Fazio and Pete Dye. The courses are challenging and beautifully landscaped, with breathtaking views of the James River.
- Visit the Pocahontas State Park: Pocahontas State Park is Virginia’s largest state park, spanning over 7,000 acres. It offers a range of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, swimming, and horseback riding. There are over 80 miles of hiking trails, and the park also has two lakes for fishing and boating.
- Catch a show at the Swift Creek Mill Theatre: The Swift Creek Mill Theatre is a historic theater that hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year. It features both local and national talent, and the shows range from classic plays to modern musicals. The theater also has a restaurant that serves up delicious Southern cuisine.