An over abundance of free time is a good thing! Here are some suggestions for things to do!
Consider exploring some of what the Colonial Heights community has to offer:
- Colonial Heights was once known as “The City of Progress” due to its early adoption of modern infrastructure, transportation, and city services.
- The city hosts an annual Civil War reenactment which attracts thousands of visitors each year.
- There are a wide variety of parks in Colonial Heights, including a pet-friendly park and a nature preserve with trails for hiking, biking and bird watching.
- The Appomattox River runs through the city, providing lovely views and opportunities for water recreation such as canoeing and fishing.
- Every spring, the city’s Powhatan Festival celebrates the culture and history of the local Native American tribes with performances, games and food.