Due to the increase of the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, we would like to remind you of the precautions our company has implemented to keep you and our employees safe. We have changed our policy now to require our staff to wear masks and gloves in your home at all times. You will find a complete list of what we are doing to keep you, your family, and our employees safe in the side section below.
Keeping your home cleaned and sanitized continues to be of utmost importance. In the event that more stringent requirements such as a lockdown are imposed, please know that the Virginia Department of Emergency Services lists residential cleaning business like ours, as “Essential Services.” Therefore, we will be permitted to continue cleaning both our residential and commercial clients’ homes and businesses.
As you may know, many small business are struggling to stay afloat in this weakened economy. We have experienced a number of cancellations and our staff is working about 50% less than usual. While we understand the priority of keeping one’s family safe, our valued employees are struggling to pay their bills, and buy food and diapers for their families. We are asking that you consider purchasing a gift card for Mother’s Day or a loved one’s upcoming birthday (never too late to think about Christmas giving!) and to spread the word to friends, neighbors and other family members how much you value the service Kathleen’s Cleaning Service technicians provides to you. Because there are already other companies that have closed their doors, people you know may be looking for a good, quality driven, reliable and responsible service.
As a reminder, Kathleen’s Cleaning Service has always used EPA registered disinfectants. We train our staff on proper methods of disinfecting, including “high touch” areas in clients’ homes. To these high-risk areas, we apply a 70% alcohol solution after our conventional methods of cleaning, per the CDC’s recommendations. These additional methods we are taking ensure our clients’ homes are as clean and germ-free as possible. We perform this at no additional charge to our clients.
We would like to thank those clients who are continuing to pay the cost of their cleanings while their service is on hold. Our business and employees are so thankful to have supportive clients like you! We want you to know how appreciative we are of your generosity and goodwill during this difficult time.
Additionally, we are continuing to accept donations for cleanings for first responders–nurses, doctors, and other essential workers. If you would like to donate to this very worthy cause, please call our office.
We want to assure you all that we are taking this seriously. We intend to be proactive and to limit risk to everyone’s wellness by being prepared. We are all in this together. Thank you again for your support.
We will keep you updated as the situation evolves. Please feel free to reach out to the office (804) 729-7401 if you have any questions or concerns.
With sincere gratitude,
Owner, Kathleen’s Cleaning Service
Our Precautions in Response to COVID-19:
- We will under no circumstances allow an employee that is sick or has any flu-like symptoms to come to work.
- Cleaning technicians will sanitize their hands prior to entering your home. They will also wash their hands once in your home, and wash hands prior to leaving your home.
- Cleaning technicians will be required to wear masks, and gloves while in your home.
- Technicians will disinfect the things they touch before entering your home (mop handles, vacuum handles, tote handles, etc.)
- As always, towels are always clean and sanitized daily.
- While in your home we will pay special attention to disinfecting often-touched surfaces (high-touch areas).
Here’s What We Need From You:
- Let us know what you need. Call our office with any questions or concerns. (804) 729-7401.
- Cancel if sick. Please cancel your cleaning appointment if you or a family member is experiencing flu-like symptoms or has tested positive for Corvid-19. We will waive all cancellation fees.
- Pause service if necessary. We will gladly save your spot and freeze your price for up to 60 days.
- Keep your distance. To protect you and your technician, we ask that you try to remain 6 feet away from each other.